Please click here to go to the latest InCoB website.
The annual International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB) is widely recognised as the one of Asia’s oldest and largest conferences on bioinformatics, with special focus on bioinformatics amongst life scientists.
Participating in the International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB) can offer numerous advantages for researchers, professionals, and students in the field:
- Knowledge Exchange: InCoB provides a platform for researchers to share their latest findings, methodologies, and advancements in bioinformatics. Attendees have the opportunity to learn from leading experts and gain insights into cutting-edge research in the field.
- Networking Opportunities: The conference brings together professionals, academics, and researchers from around the world, facilitating networking and collaboration.
Participants can establish connections with potential collaborators, mentors, and industry experts.
- International Exposure: InCoB is a global conference, providing participants with exposure to diverse perspectives, approaches, and research challenges from different countries. International collaboration opportunities may arise, fostering a broader understanding of global bioinformatics issues.
- Professional Development: Attending InCoB allows researchers to stay updated on the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in bioinformatics, contributing to their professional development. Workshops and tutorials may offer hands-on experience with state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
- Publication Opportunities: InCoB often publishes conference proceedings and collaborates with reputable journals, providing a chance for participants to showcase their research and gain recognition in the scientific community.
- Interdisciplinary Insights: Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field, and InCoB provides a platform for participants to gain insights from related disciplines such as biology, computer science, and statistics. Interdisciplinary discussions can lead to innovative solutions to complex biological problems.
- Exposure to Industry Trends: InCoB may feature sessions or presentations from industry leaders, allowing participants to understand the current trends, challenges, and opportunities in the application of bioinformatics in various industries.
- Career Opportunities: Participation in InCoB can enhance career opportunities by showcasing research, establishing professional connections, and staying informed about job opportunities within academia, industry, and research institutions.
- Showcasing Research: Presenting research at InCoB provides an opportunity to receive constructive feedback from peers and experts, helping researchers refine their work and potentially open avenues for collaboration.
- Cultural Exchange: InCoB often involves cultural events and social activities, providing participants with the chance to experience and appreciate the host country’s culture, fostering a sense of global scientific community. In summary, participating in InCoB offers a multifaceted experience that includes knowledge exchange, networking, professional development, and exposure to international perspectives, ultimately contributing to the advancement of bioinformatics as a field
The InCoB attracts 100 – 200 participants annually, representing the following:
- the research community
- teaching staff
- students in open, distance and e-learning
- management of educational institutions
- policy makers
- the public sector
- relevant professional and international associations
- training companies
- suppliers from the private sector
For further information, questions and guidelines please contact the InCoB Secretariat: [email protected]