HKUST InCampus Food
For maximum convenience, you can stay within the beautiful
campus in HKUST for your meals.
Food is conveniently available. In fact, HKUST is a virtual food paradise with the following list of eating (and drinking) places.
- LG7 Student Canteen (wide selection of Chinese or Western food) with a new Deli (for Western and simple Japanese food) recently opened. Open from 07:30 - 21:00 ( Mon - Sat ) 09:00 - 21:00 ( Sun & PH )
- LG5 Food Court (includes McDonald's outlet, Japanese and Thai food outlet, Chinese and Italian cuisine) open 07:00 to 22:00 daily.
- LG1 Restaurants (including grab and go food)
- G/F Restaurant: China Garden, a full scale
restaurant with full table service with a comprehensive seasonal menu of Peking & Cantonese dishes and other special functions, including cocktail receptions, banquets and buffets. Authentic Cantonese Hong Kong Dim Sum (lunch only). Open 11:00 - 22:00 ( Mon - Fri ) 10:00 - 22:00 ( Sat, Sun & Public Holidays).
- University Centre Bistro serves Western cuisine. Open 11am to 9.30pm.
- Uni-Bar just located just next to the UC Bistro. It offers a full drink menu and selective snack items everyday. (Issued with full liquor licence). Open 12noon to 11pm.
- 1/F Coffee Shop provides a range of sandwiches, baked potatoes, snacks, pastries, fruit, desserts and drinks. Open Mon-Sat
07:30 - 22:30 Sun/Public Holiday 10:00 - 18:00.
- G/F Seafront Cafeteria New Hall (entrance opposite the swimming pool) serves Chinese soup noodles, rice dishes, drinks, and desserts. Open 18:00 - 02:00 Daily.
- For more information, pictures and contacts for booking, please see: https://www.ab.ust.hk/cso/home_cat_frame.htm link).
- Getting to these places is easy, just ask a local or use the clear signages at the campus.
- Vegetarian: Available at the Cafe, but only salad and sandwiches.
- Muslim Halal Food You can dine at the 1/F Coffee Shop. See 1/F Coffee Shop website for more information.
- Payment: Conveniently with cash or Octopus Card, a stored value card which can be purchased with stored value of cash which can be widely used in HK and Shenzhen.
- They sell Octopus Cards at all MTR customer service counters and HKD50 deposit will be refunded upon return of card. All 7-11 convenience stores, MTR as well as HKUST on-campus canteens provide the Add-Value service
Last updated: 16 July 2007 TWTan