International Conference on Bioinformatics
The 19th International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB 2020) will be held virtually from Nov 25-29, 2020 across Asia-Pacific and beyond.
We are delighted to invite you to the 19th InCoB. The conference will be virtually hosted for the first time. The theme for InCoB 2020 is “Bioinformatics and the translation of data-driven discoveries”, and will include presentations of original research results, discussions in plenary sessions, poster sessions, workshops, software demos and panel discussions related to the field of bioinformatics. This is a great opportunity for you to showcase your research!
It was originally planned to be held in Kunming, Yunnan, China and hosted by Kunming University of Science and Technology (KMUST), Kunming, China. However, due to the global Covid-19 crisis, it was decided that the conference will be held virtually. More details will be made available as soon as possible.
The International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB) is a scientific conference on bioinformatics, primarily aimed at scientists in the Asia Pacific region. It has been held annually since 2002. Originally organised by coordination between the Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Network (APBioNet) and the Thailand National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in 2002, the meeting has since been the flagship conference of the APBioNet, where APBioNet’s Annual General Meeting is held. More information of InCoB is available at InCoB Wiki page.
Top 5 Best Paper Presentations:
- A semi-supervised deep learning approach for predicting the functional effects of genomic non-coding variations
Hao Jia, Sung-Joon Park, Kenta Nakai
- A computational model of mutual antagonism in the mechano-signaling network of RhoA and nitric oxide
Akila Surendran, C. Forbes Dewey, Jr., Boon Chuan Low, Lisa Tucker-Kellogg
- Shared ancestry of core-histone subunits and non-histone plant proteins containing the histone fold motif (hfm)
Amish Kumar, Gitanjali Yadav
- Identification of cell states using super-enhancer RNA
Yueh-Hua Tu, Hsueh-Fen Juan, Hsuan-Cheng Huang
- Development of the International Classification of Diseases Ontology (ICDO) and its application for COVID-19 diagnostic data analysis
Ling Wan, Justin Song, Virginia He, Yongqun He
Top 5 Best Poster Presentations:
- Predicting lncRNA and protein interactions in prostate cancer using a combination of computational and biophysical methods
Nidhi Shukla, Bhumandeep Kour, Ayam Gupta, Renuka Suravajhala, Maneesh Vijay, Devendra Sharma, Sugunakar Vure, Prashanth Suravajhala
- Design and analysis of peptide inhibitors against the G12D KRAS protein in colon cancer
Ayesha Fatima, Wong Leong Yung
- Automatic transcriptional factor-gene interaction literature evidence extraction via temporal convolutional neural networks
Yu-Huai Yu, Jing-Xi Xu, Chi-Fen Liao, Tzu-Hsien Yang
- Novel biological metrics for evaluating the functional significance of RNA secondary structure predictions
Yu-Cian Lin, Tzu-Hsien Yang
- Phylogeography and population genetics of the rat tapeworm, Hymenolepis diminuta: An inference based on mtCO1 gene
Sunil Sharma, Samrat Adhikari, Veena Tandon