Deadline for Breakout/Workshop Proposal Submission is August 10, 2019
Breakout session will be allocated a conference session (one track in a parallel track format) of usually 1, 1.5, or 2 hours. Topics should be novel with little overlap with main InCoB 2019 session topics. We invite proposals ranging from standards, education, funding, and publishing to bioinformatics approaches covering complex diseases of interest and merit to conference participants. Session format should allow room change every 30 minutes. Talks should not exceed 20 min and should be followed by 10 min discussion time, unless the format of the session is panel discussion. To add value to participants and speakers, proposals (excluding panel discussion) that commit to peer-reviewed post-conference publications will be preferred. Session organizers and speakers/panel members, who agree to participate, acknowledge that InCoB 2019 does not provide any financial or in kind support for breakout sessions, including APBioNet travel grants. Limited organizational support for example, access to EasyChair, room(s) and AV equipment will be provided.
- Title and one A4 page summary including justification why the proposed topic is of relevance for InCoB 2019 audience
- Short description of prior experiences in organizing a workshop session
For talk based breakout sessions:
- Names of speakers, incl. affiliation and email address
- Tentative title of talks and 3-5 lines of content description
- Proof that proposed speakers agree to participate and s/he will cover registration fee and travel/accommodation cost, and any author processing fees if the proposal is successful.
For panel discussion based breakout sessions:
- Names, affiliation and email addresses of panellists
- Name, affiliation and email address of moderator
- Proof that proposed panel member/moderator agree to participate and s/he will cover registration fee, and travel/accommodation cost if the proposal is successful.
Submit your proposal as a single PDF file via Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=incob2019. Re-submissions are allowed within one week of proposal upload. Submissions will be evaluated by program committee members to eliminate overlap with regular session topics, merit and interest for InCoB 2019 audience, quality and completeness of the submitted proposal, prior experience of the proposers in organizing a breakout session or a conference, and potential to stimulate active discussion and interest in the APBioNet communities.